The secret of youthful, smooth and luminous skin resides inside the body. We must give the skin the nutrients it needs according to its characteristics.
If there is an organ that faithfully explains the state of health of our body at its deepest level, the care we take with food and physical exercise, that organ is the skin .
The surface of the adult human body, which can reach almost 2 square meters in length, shows the general state of health, and the practice of simple care can restore its beauty. Basically, all cosmetic treatment begins with health.
The application of substances on the skin constitutes a very important and useful complement to recover skin health, although total success also depends on daily diet and the consumption of vitamin and mineral nutrients. Dietary habits influence the improvement of the state of the epidermis and these depend on each type of skin. Let’s see, then, some suitable advice for the most frequent types of skin.
Thin and dry skin
This skin type, which when it is pinched on the forearm, feels like tissue paper, reacts very sensitively to sunlight and can present small wrinkles in the areas where it is finest.
The causes of this type of skin can be: a diet low in fat , a shortage of vitamins and minerals , smoking , and a shortage of essential nutrients due to inadequate diets or diseases such as diabetes or chronic diarrhea .
- In these cases, it is advisable to make an abundant intake of water , and not avoid too much salt just with the intention that the body can retain a certain amount of water.
- It is recommended to take tubers (potatoes, carrots, turnips, etc.) steamed to make them easier to digest and assimilate, and consume fruits in abundance.
Thick and oily skin
People with oily skin usually have abundant perspiration, and sweat especially in the upper half of the body (face, neck and trunk).
Possible causes are: eating too much fat , too much candy, or too much dairy. It can also appear when eating very heavy and heavy meals at night or when abusing raw foods, either cold or frozen.
- In these cases, you must avoid dietary fats and refined sweets, opt for slow-absorbing whole-grain carbohydrates (rice, oats, etc.) and take few dairy products .
- Another important tip concerns quantity: it is preferable to eat breakfast and eat well, and to eat dinner early and little , than the opposite. Also, in these cases, it is better to consume hot or well-tempered foods and drinks, and avoid an excess of raw foods.
Thick and dry skin
This group includes people whose skin is thick, even in some areas more than others, irregular, dry and may present areas of seborrhea .
For this type of skin, it is best to tone the elimination function of the body , especially the intestine.
- Taking apples and pears daily (preferably organic, with their skin), whole grains , and exercising that causes sweating are essential measures. It can help make brown rice with vegetables at least twice a week , and moderate consumption of spices like pepper or ginger.
- In addition, it is good to train the cutaneous blood vessels with alternate showers (hot and cold), in order to tone the blood circulation and regain cutaneous tension.
- Finally, it is important to use the appropriate clothing for the time of year , neither too scarce in winter, nor too warm during spring and summer.
Thin, dry and itchy skin
This type of skin reacts excessively against heat and cold, the sun and allergens . Therefore, the person tends to suffer itching and irritations.
- In these cases, there are several food groups that should be avoided : those with an acidic flavor (sweet and sour gherkins, tomatoes, wine, citrus), seafood, red meat, red fish, coffee, and drinks with theine and caffeine.
- In addition, the tips recommended in point 1 apply for fine and dry skin.
Fine and wrinkled skin
It is the type of skin that many smokers have, that is, “prematurely aged” skin . It can also be seen in people who follow a diet that is too low in fat , or too rich in substances with a diuretic effect (including coffee, tea and alcohol).
In these cases it is essential to correct dietary errors and especially to quit smoking . If the person continues to smoke, the skin will not improve. You can also humidify the air with nebulizers or by placing indoor plants at home .
- The supply of water is important: you have to drink water regularly and uniformly throughout the day.
- Take enough salt (unless you have high blood pressure), to retain a minimum of body water, and avoid foods considered “hot” (such as highly spiced dishes, lamb, beef or alcohol).
It appears mainly on the face, neck, neckline and upper back. It can be related to a toxic overload and more or less chronic constipation .
Skin hygiene is essential in this type of case. Makeup blocks pores and makes the problem worse. You can do a steam bath or facial sauna in the morning and at night and then apply a mild moisturizer.
- It is necessary to drink more water than usual , not very cold (even warm), as it improves circulation.
- A diet free of sweets, chocolate and dairy products helps ; is to be performed aerobic exercise to do transpire well and combat constipation (eating whole grains, or two teaspoons of flaxseed for breakfast).
- The “wild apple” bach blossom is indicated to cleanse the skin and intestines. Tea tree essential oil 5% (local use) significantly improves it.