A healthy body is a topic that concerns both men and women. But the comfort they experience while exercising is also important. Therefore, beautyremind.com brings you these tips to choose the right sportswear , whatever the discipline you practice.
Is cotton or polyester sportswear better?
This is a question that many have surely asked. Sometimes we think that cotton is the best choice for clothing, because it is an organic, soft and absorbent material. But, it is not always convenient to use it. An example of that is in sports.
To carry out any physical activity it is important that the clothing allows the body to perspire. Although there are disciplines that make us sweat more than others, it will always be a good decision to choose synthetic sportswear . Cotton garments, despite their quality, prevent the body from expelling toxins properly, they soak up sweat and end up becoming heavy.
Sports attire has to be lightweight, to help wick away moisture and keep you dry. The appropriate clothing for running , crossfit, among other high-intensity sports, should be made of polyester and nylon. These are the most recommended textiles for exercising.
Women’s sportswear: between modern and comfortable
Women are the ones who tend to worry more about how they will look with what they wear. They look for modern garments that adapt to their body and that allow them to exercise comfortably in the discipline they practice.
pants for sports
Sports pants include joggers, synthetic shorts, classic cotton sports pants, and leggings. Depending on the discipline you do, it will be the type of sports pants you will choose.
The jogger is ideal for low-impact exercises such as Pilates and yoga. The shorts are recommended to be used on summer days in outdoor sports and, of course, they are the most suitable for running . The sports pants are conducive to smooth and constant movements. While the tights have to know how to choose them.
Classic tights are recommended for any activity as they facilitate mobility and are very comfortable. Capris are perfect for cycling and running. There are also short tights that are recommended to be used on the hottest days and intense sports, such as speed racing.
How to choose the bra for sports?
The garment that worries women the most is the bra. Many use the wrong size, or an inappropriate model for the type of breasts. Women have many doubts when buying this garment. We explain how to choose the right sports bra .
The main thing for any type of bra is that it is your size. To verify that this is the case, we recommend that you try it on before you buy it. Enter the dressing room of the store and there that:
- You move without hindrance.
- Your breasts remain fixed.
- You can easily slip a couple of fingers under the ribbon that goes around the cups and back.
- You breathe well.
- The fabric does not twist inside or out.
Depending on the size of the breasts, it will be the type of bra that you will use to exercise. The compression ones, top type, are the ones that go for small breasts. Those who use cups A and B in their day to day.
On the other hand, if you are a large size (C and D) the bra should not compress your breasts, but neither should they leave them in free movement. In this case, the most recommended are those that keep the breasts in place separately.
Men’s sportswear, comfort is the main thing
The first thing you must determine is the discipline in which you will exercise, so that you choose the appropriate sportswear. You do not choose men’s running shoes if what you are going to practice is field soccer. In the same way it happens with clothes.
In sports what reigns is comfort. Feeling comfortable is what matters most to men. This does not mean that you will go to the gym with a shirt three sizes larger than yours. Also, do not wear very tight clothes that mark areas of your body.
Choose comfortable and quality clothes
Follow these tips so that comfort, avant-garde and what suits you best go with you to your training place.
- If being fitness is something totally new for you, we recommend you wear loose t-shirts or flannels. In sports stores you will find clothes of your size, whose model is not adjusted to the body. This will be very favorable if you want to hide localized fat.
- Design, quality, anatomy, durability and antibacterial fabrics are the characteristics that must prevail in clothing. Finding these features in one place won’t be difficult, as sportswear brands are constantly working on improving fitness apparel.
- Fashion advances as technology does. So it will be very easy to find clothes with technological fabrics that favor perspirationwhile keeping you dry. Polyester, elastane, nylon; Bamboo and wool are also the most recommended fabrics.
- Dress according to the sport you do. Tight clothing for spinning and cycling, loose clothing for aerobics.
- The clothing, in turn, should be according to the time of year in which you exercise.
- Choose clothes whose price is commensurate with the quality.
- Don’t lend your sportswear. These garments are as personal as intimate apparel.
Tips for choosing winter sportswear
Layering is the solution for the body to retain its normal heat on cold days. This way you will remove or keep the clothes you are wearing as your body temperature rises or falls while you exercise .
How to follow this recommendation? First put on a change of thermal clothing that protects you from the cold and releases body moisture. Put on a light layer of other clothes on top. And finally, cover yourself with a waterproof sports outfit that protects you from the rain.
Synthetic fabrics such as Supplex or Coolmax are indicated for low temperatures, as they help conserve body heat. Wear windbreaker and waterproof jacket during this time.
Other recommendations to protect yourself from the cold is that you cover the parts of your body that are sensitive to low temperatures, such as your hands, ears and feet. Wear gloves, earmuffs and tubular scarves if necessary.
It is also important to note that the jacket you will be wearing has a front closure and pockets. In this way you can open or remove it as the temperature rises and you can store sports accessories in it.
stay cool in summer
We have already talked about the fabrics that keep you dry and contribute to your body’s perspiration, in summer this recommendation is imperative. Follow these recommendations to protect yourself from head to toe from the effects of the sun.
- Light shoes so that the feet breathe freely.
- Avoid direct contact with footwear. Wear socks that keep your feet dry, thus preventing the appearance of fungus and other injuries.
- Wear technical clothing, that is, synthetic fiber.
- Protect your head with a sweatshirt, peaked cap, scarf or hat, depending on the sporty style.
- Also wear sports glasses that protect your eyes from ultra violet rays, they also have better grip and do not slip.
- Apply sunscreen and drink enough water to stay hydrated.
Quality, durability and comfort are the best tips for choosing sportswear that we can offer you. And you, how do you dress when you exercise?